- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: Less than 1 hour
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 9-10 minutes
- 780mg Sodium
- 79g Carbs
- 5g Fiber
- 5g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 3g Sugars
- 35g Protein
- 84mg Calcium
- 5mg Iron
- 2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 2 cups frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 cup fat-free chicken or beef broth
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
2. Meanwhile, mix together turkey, onions, parsley, and salt. Shape mixture into 16 meatballs; set aside.
3. Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. When pan is hot, add mushrooms and cook 2-3 minutes, until tender. Remove mushrooms from pan; set aside.
4. Add meatballs to the hot pan. Sauté 3 minutes, until browned, turning frequently. Return mushrooms to pan; add thyme, salt, and pepper; stir. Add 3/4 cup of broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer 3 minutes, until meatballs are cooked through.
5. Dissolve cornstarch in remaining 1/4 cup of broth. Add mixture to pan and simmer for 1 minute. Serve over cooked rice with green beans on the side.