- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: less than 1 hour
- 98mg Sodium
- 2g Carbs
- 0g Fiber
- 3g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 0g Sugars
- 26g Protein
- 24mg Calcium
- 1mg Iron
Spice up standard fish fillets by soaking them in this exotic sauce.
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (or 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg)
- 1 1/4 pounds mackerel, skipjack tuna, or sea bass fillets
1. Combine lemon juice, garlic, and spices in a glass baking dish just large enough to hold fish in a single layer. Add fish, turning to thoroughly coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes, but no longer (if left in for more than 60 minutes, fish will begin to break down). Turn over 2 or 3 times while marinating.
2. Remove fish from marinade. Place a hinged grill basket with long handles on the grill. Place fish in basket to cook.