- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: less than 2 hours
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 8 to 10 minutes
- 322mg Sodium
- 64g Carbs
- 7g Fiber
- 5g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 7g Sugars
- 14g Protein
- 197mg Calcium
- 7mg Iron
Try these tiny pasta shells coated in a pungent sauce for dinner tonight.
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole plum tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more to oil baking sheet
- 10 ounces orecchiette or other small pasta shells
- 1 pound broccoli rabe (also known as rapini), washed well, cut into 2-inch-thick pieces
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground back pepper
1. To roast tomatoes, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place tomatoes on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Roast for 90 minutes, turning after 45 minutes, until very soft and slightly blackened. Once cooled, chop tomatoes and set aside.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add crushed garlic and cook until slightly golden, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add broccoli rabe and raise heat to high. Cook, tossing constantly, until greens are just wilted, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, cooked pasta, reserved cooking liquid, red wine vinegar, and pepper. Toss well and serve promptly.