- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 2
- Start to Finish: under 30 minutes
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 315mg Sodium
- 12g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 19g Fat
- 5g Saturated Fat
- 5g Sugars
- 52g Protein
- 230mg Calcium
- 3mg Iron
- For the Tilapia:
- 4 skinless tilapia fillets (1 pound total)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- For the Green Beans:
- 1/2 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat the broiler. Cut the tilapia fillets lengthwise into two pieces, then pat dry with a paper towel and season to taste with pepper.
2. In a small bowl, combine basil and Parmesan cheese; set aside.
3. In a large saucepan, bring water for beans to a boil.
4. Heat olive oil in a 12-inch heavy, ovenproof skillet over moderately-high heat until hot but not smoking. Sauté the fish for 3 minutes or until brown. Flip the fillets over and remove the skillet from heat.
5. Dust the tilapia with the cheese mixture. Place the skillet under the broiler to finish cooking the fish and slightly brown the cheese, about 3 to 4 minutes.
6. As the fish cooks, add beans to boiling water. Lower heat and cook for 5 minutes or until bright green (beans should still be crisp). Drain beans and run under cold water. Shake off excess water and set aside.
7. Mix lemon juice, lemon zest, pepper, and olive oil in a medium bowl. Add green beans and toss to coat; warm for 30 seconds in the microwave. Divide fish fillets and green beans on two plates and serve.