- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 214mg Sodium
- 59g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 10g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 2g Sugars
- 11g Protein
- 59mg Calcium
- 3mg Iron
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves (packed)
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley (packed)
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 medium cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound linguine
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1. Put up a large pot of lightly salted water to boil. Clean and dry the basil leaves and parsley and run them through a food processor until pulverized. Add the olives, garlic, and lemon juice and purée until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
2. Meanwhile, cook the pasta in the boiling water until al dente. Drain and add to the bowl of tapenade. Immediately drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a generous amount of cheese.
3. Use tongs or two long-handled forks to combine the pasta with the sauce. It helps to do this with a gentle lifting motion, bring up the tapenade from the bottom of the bowl, and working quickly so the pasta stays hot. Serve immediately, preferably on heated plates.
*Nutritional information is based on using 3 tablespoons of olive oil and does not include freshly grated Parmesan cheese.