- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 15 minutes
- 259mg Sodium
- 63g Carbs
- 9g Fiber
- 13g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 10g Sugars
- 15g Protein
- 141mg Calcium
- 4mg Iron
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 6 1/2 cups small cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup sugar snap or snow peas, ends trimmed
- Medium red or orange bell pepper (or both), thinly sliced
- Small yellow summer squash, sliced
- 8 ounces uncooked rainbow fusilli
- 2 scallions, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced basil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted (optional)
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and salt and sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes, or until onion begins to soften.
2. Add broccoli, cauliflower, and half the garlic to skillet. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are just barely tender. Add green beans, peas, bell pepper, and squash. Cook approximately 5 minutes more, then stir in remaining garlic. Cook another minute and set aside.
3. Once water is boiling, add fusilli and cook about 12 minutes, or until tender but still al dente. Drain thoroughly and transfer to a large bowl. Add vegetable sauté and toss with tongs to combine thoroughly.
4. Sprinkle in scallions, parsley, basil, and Parmesan and toss again. Grind in black pepper and serve topped with pine nuts (if using).
*Nutritional information does not include optional pine nuts.