- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 8 minutes
- Cook: 4 minutes
Amount per serving:
Total Calories: 313
- 214mg Sodium
- 18g Carbs
- 2g Fiber
- 9g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 15g Sugars
- 40g Protein
- 25mg Calcium
- 2mg Iron
A chunky fruit sauce adds sweet taste to this fresh, light meal packed with omega-3s.
- 2 mangoes
- 6 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped, plus whole leaves for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) fresh tuna steaks
- Cooking spray
- Salt to taste
1. Peel the mangoes and dice the flesh into 1/4-inch pieces. Transfer to a small bowl.
2. Add the chopped cilantro and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
3. Place the mango relish in the refrigerator to chill for at least 30 minutes.
4. Lightly press the coarsely-ground black pepper into one side of each tuna steak. Sprinkle with salt.
5. Place the fish, pepper-side down, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray. Cook on both sides over medium-high heat until the fish is seared on the outside but still pink in the center.
6. Cut the seared tuna on the bias into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
7. Mound the mango relish in the center of each plate. Arrange the tuna slices so they overlap and form a circle around the relish. Garnish with fresh, whole cilantro leaves.
*Nutritional information includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt.