- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 3
- Start to Finish: under 4 hours
- Prep: 45 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 819mg Sodium
- 14g Carbs
- 3g Fiber
- 13g Fat
- 6g Saturated Fat
- 4g Sugars
- 9g Protein
- 142mg Calcium
- 3mg Iron
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups asparagus, reserve 1/4 cup of tips for garnish
- White Pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream or silken tofu
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Lemon oil, for garnish
1. In medium pot, melt butter and sweat onions and garlic until translucent. Add the stock and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Add the asparagus and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes or until asparagus are tender. Season with a little more salt and pepper.
3. Purée mixture in blender until smooth. Add the cream and spinach. Purée. Strain and chill.
4. Garnish with reserved cooked asparagus tips tossed in salt, lemon oil and lemon zest. Adjust seasoning, if necessary.
*Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving, but does not include lemon oil for garnish.