- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 2 hours
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 50 minutes
- 630mg (26%) Sodium
- 29g Carbs
- 3g Fiber
- 11g (17%) Fat
- 5g (24%) Saturated Fat
- 4g Sugars
- 16g Protein
- 237mg (24%) Calcium
- 3mg (14%) Iron
Impress guests with this easy (and healthy) ricotta, tomato, and zucchini tart recipe.
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest from 1 large lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 sheets frozen phyllo dough (8 by 13 inches), thawed
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, fennel, zest, and half the salt and pepper; set aside.
2. Lay tomato slices on paper towels to remove excess moisture. Lightly mist a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray and unroll phyllo. Working quickly, place 1 sheet of phyllo in pan and mist with cooking spray. Place a second sheet over the first, rotating slightly, and mist; repeat with remaining phyllo. Top with ricotta mixture, then a layer of zucchini and a ring of tomato. Sprinkle with Parmesan and remaining salt and pepper and roll overhanging phyllo into a neat border.
3. Bake ricotta and zucchini tomato tart for 35 minutes or until phyllo is golden-brown and zucchini is tender. Let cool for 20 minutes before serving.