- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 2
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 30 minutes
- 526mg (22%) Sodium
- 23g Carbs
- 5g Fiber
- 20g (30%) Fat
- 3g (14%) Saturated Fat
- 0g Sugars
- 13g Protein
- 126mg (13%) Calcium
- 4mg (20%) Iron
- 2 2-ounce portions of wild salmon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, washed, stalks trimmed and split lengthwise
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
1. Heat oven to 400˚F.
2. Heat a skillet and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. When oil is hot, add salmon, seasoned with sea salt, and sear on one side for 3 minutes. Flip over, sear other side for 1 more minute, then remove from pan.
3. Place on baking tray and place in oven for 7 to 8 minutes.
4. Drain excess oil from skillet, heat skillet again. Add remaining olive oil and sauté garlic for 1 minute.
5. Turn heat down to medium. Place broccoli rabe in pan, add 1/4 cup water, cover, and steam for 2 minutes.
6. Serve greens with salmon on top. Serve quinoa as a side dish.