- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: under 2 hours
- Prep: 8 minutes
- Cook: 68 minutes
- 561mg (23%) Sodium
- 4g Carbs
- 1g Fiber
- 85g (132%) Fat
- 26g (131%) Saturated Fat
- 1g Sugars
- 53g Protein
- 94mg (9%) Calcium
- 5mg (27%) Iron
Try this easy weekday meal that's also impressive enough to serve to guests.
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly round black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds beef tenderloin, trimmed
- For the Mayonnaise:1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mascarpone, at room temperature (if you can't find mascarpone, use an extra 1/4 cup of mayo)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400°F. Spray a heavy baking sheet with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Grind cumin and coriander seeds in a spice grinder, or place in a zip-top bag and crush with a rolling pin or the bottom of a saucepan.
3. Heat a small skillet over medium; add spices and cook for a few seconds, then scrape into a small bowl. Sprinkle garlic with salt. Holding a chef’s knife at a 45-degree angle, scrape garlic and salt together to form a paste. Add paste, pepper, and oil to the bowl with the spices; stir until smooth.
4. Place meat on prepared baking sheet and rub with spice mixture. Cook for 35 to 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer in the thickest part of beef registers 125°F. Loosely cover meat with foil and let rest for 20 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, to make basil-curry mayonnaise, whisk mayonnaise, mascarpone, basil, curry powder, and paprika in a small bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cut meat into 1/4-inch-thick slices and arrange on a platter. Spoon mayo into a bowl and serve with meat.