- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 6
- Start to Finish: under 2 hours
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 60 minutes
- 338mg (14%) Sodium
- 26g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 0g (1%) Fat
- 0g (0%) Saturated Fat
- 22g Sugars
- 3g Protein
- 29mg (3%) Calcium
- 1mg (8%) Iron
Wake up your taste buds with this easy-to-make healthy side dish.
- 2 pounds trimmed beets (6 medium), cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoons jarred grated horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chives, divided
- Watercress leaves
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Wrap sets of 2 beets each in sheets of foil. Bake on a baking sheet for 1 hour or until tender.
2. When cool enough to handle, rub off skins under running water.
3. Meanwhile, whisk together vinegar, honey, horseradish, mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
4. Pour dressing over beets. Toss with 2 tablespoons of chives. To serve, spoon over watercress and top with remaining chives.