- Skill Level: Intermediate
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 20
- Cook: 30
- 342mg (14%) Sodium
- 19g Carbs
- 6g Fiber
- 35g (54%) Fat
- 5g (24%) Saturated Fat
- 7g Sugars
- 17g Protein
- 613mg (61%) Calcium
- 3mg (19%) Iron
- 1/2 cup chopped basil
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces firm tofu
- 1 medium zucchini
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 medium carrot, sliced into 8 sticks
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and sliced crosswise into 4 pieces
- 1 medium tomato, sliced crosswise into 4 pieces
- 4 jarred roasted red peppers (approximately 1/2 cup)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Blend basil and olive oil to make a dressing.
2. Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice tofu into four pieces (about 2 inches square, 3/4 inch thick). Cut zucchini lengthwise into 1/4-inch slices. With a pastry brush, coat tofu, zucchini, and mushrooms with soy sauce and bake 5 minutes until brown. Set aside, without turning off oven.
3. Boil a pot of lightly salted water. Parboil carrot and sweet potato slices until you can pierce with a knife, about 10 minutes.
4. Place tofu and all vegetables in a lightly oiled pan and heat in oven for 5 minutes.
5. Remove and stack (in order): mushroom, sweet potato, tomato, tofu, pepper, zucchini. Cross carrot sticks on top. Drizzle with basil oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and serve.