- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 30
- Start to Finish: under 1 hour
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 17-19 minutes
- 122mg (5%) Sodium
- 18g Carbs
- 0g Fiber
- 4g (6%) Fat
- 1g (6%) Saturated Fat
- 12g Sugars
- 1g Protein
- 9mg (1%) Calcium
- 0mg (3%) Iron
For variety, add 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1 cup of raisins, or 1 cup of dried cranberries.
3 Tips for Perfect Cookies:
1. Be sure to measure ingredients accurately with standard measuring cups and spoons. The correct amount of ingredients will ensure that the cookies won't bake too dry, crumbly, or so soft that they spread too much during baking.
2. Shiny, heavy-gauge aluminum cookie sheets are excellent heat conductors and will produce the most evenly baked and browned cookies.
3. Unbaked cookie dough can be refrigerated for a week and can be frozen for up to a year if wrapped in freezer-weight plastic bags.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) corn-oil margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup golden brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) mini-chocolate chips