- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: under 15 minutes
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 8 minutes
- 899mg (37%) Sodium
- 53g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 15g (23%) Fat
- 6g (31%) Saturated Fat
- 5g Sugars
- 15g Protein
- 352mg (35%) Calcium
- 4mg (21%) Iron
- 1/2 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 6 scallions, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, or 1/2 teaspoon dried, chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 8-inch flour or whole-wheat tortillas
1. Combine cheeses in a bowl; set aside.
2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add tomatoes, scallions, jalapeño, garlic, and oregano. Cook 2 minutes, until fragrant, stirring frequently. Stir in cilantro. Remove vegetables from pan; set aside.
3. Return skillet to heat and add one tortilla. Top 1/2 of the tortilla with 2 tablespoons each of cheese mixture and vegetable mixture. Fold over untopped side and cook 1 minute per side, until cheese melts.
4. Remove from pan and cover with foil to keep warm. Cut each quesadilla into three wedges and serve warm.
Nutritional information is based on using flour tortillas.
Recipe courtesy of Bill Wavrin, Executive Chef at Rancho La Puerta, in Tecate, Mexico.