- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: Less than 15 minutes
- Prep: 7 minutes
- Cook: 2 minutes
- 590mg (25%) Sodium
- 23g Carbs
- 5g Fiber
- 23g (35%) Fat
- 4g (19%) Saturated Fat
- 2g Sugars
- 8g Protein
- 132mg (13%) Calcium
- 2mg (12%) Iron
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 thick slices ciabatta or peasant loaf
1. Preheat the broiler. Coarsely chop the tomatoes and garlic. Place in food processor along with the artichoke hearts, parsley, walnuts, lemon juice and zest, 1/4 cup of olive oil, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Pulse until combined but still chunky.
2. Place the slices of bread on a cookie sheet and broil until golden on both sides.
3. Lightly brush the slices with the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
4. Spread the tomato-artichoke mixture on top and serve.
Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.