- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 8
- Start to Finish: Less than 30 minutes
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Cook: 3 minutes
- 89mg (4%) Sodium
- 15g Carbs
- 5g Fiber
- 12g (18%) Fat
- 2g (8%) Saturated Fat
- 2g Sugars
- 10g Protein
- 132mg (13%) Calcium
- 3mg (15%) Iron
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels (cut from 2 ears of corn)
- 1 large avocado, seeded and diced
- 2 cups frozen edamame
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
To Make the Dressing:
In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, slowly whisk together the olive oil and lime juice until the dressing is smooth and emulsified. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To Make the Salad:
1. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Before you add the edamame, prepare an ice bath next to the stove to blanch the edamame and corn after you cook it (this stops the cooking process to prevent overcooked vegetables).
2. Add edamame to boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes, or as directed on the package.
3. Add corn to the edamame mixture for the last thirty seconds of cooking.
4. Blanch in ice water and transfer to a large bowl.
5. Toss with cherry tomatoes and dressing until combined. Add avocado cubes and serve over greens, if desired.
Nutritional information includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt.