- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: Less than 30 minutes
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 313mg (13%) Sodium
- 16g Carbs
- 4g Fiber
- 41g (63%) Fat
- 8g (38%) Saturated Fat
- 11g Sugars
- 32g Protein
- 61mg (6%) Calcium
- 3mg (15%) Iron
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups diced pineapple
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast
- 3/4 cup chopped baby spinach
- 4 cups whole leaf spinach
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme (or any herb)
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Slice the top 1∕2 inch from each tomato and scoop out pulp. Drain tomatoes upside down on paper towels while you make the Hawaiian chicken salad stuffing.
2. Preheat the grill to high, and lightly oil the grates. Grill chicken for 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Remove from heat, cool, and dice (you should have about 3 cups).
3. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cooked chicken, pineapple, and chopped spinach.
4. In a small bowl, make the chicken salad dressing: Whisk together oil, mustard, vinegar, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Pour three-quarters of the dressing over the chicken salad mixture; toss gently.
5. Using a large kitchen spoon, fill each tomato with approximately 1 1∕3 cups of the Hawaiian chicken salad (if there is extra chicken salad, sprinkle it over the spinach salad).
6. Place 1 cup of whole spinach leaves on each of four dinner plates; drizzle each portion with the remaining dressing. Place a Hawaiian chicken salad stuffed tomato on top of each spinach salad and serve.
Vegetarian Option: Dice 1 pound tofu. Continue with recipe, being careful to mix gently to keep tofu from breaking up.
Nutritional information includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt.