- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: Less than 15 minutes
- Prep: 3 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 328mg (14%) Sodium
- 12g Carbs
- 2g Fiber
- 4g (6%) Fat
- 1g (7%) Saturated Fat
- 4g Sugars
- 18g Protein
- 89mg (9%) Calcium
- 1mg (6%) Iron
This soup is full of potassium, calcium, and vitamins—plus it packs a zesty Mexican flavor.
- 14 1/2 ounce can of chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ounces (1/2 of a 4-ounce can) diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup baked corn tortilla chip pieces
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small tomato, chopped
1. In a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth, chicken breast, onion, chilies, and chili powder. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 minutes, until onion is tender.
3. Ladle into bowls.
4. Add 1/4 cup chips to each, and sprinkle each with cheese and tomato. Serve.