- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 2
- Start to Finish: Less than 30 minutes
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 5 minutes
- 304mg Sodium
- 22g Carbs
- 6g Fiber
- 5g Fat
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 4g Sugars
- 28g Protein
- 125mg Calcium
- 4mg Iron
- 1 cup string beans, washed and ends trimmed
- 1 6-ounce can water packed tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup celery, thinly chopped
- 1/2 cup canned white beans (Canellini), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- 2 cups arugula
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add string beans and cook for 3 minutes, until al dente. Drain and place beans in a bowl of ice water to prevent further cooking.
2. When fully cooled, remove beans, dry, and cut into bite–size pieces.
3. Add tuna to a large bowl and gently break up the pieces with a fork. Add string beans, onion, celery, white beans, oil, vinegar, and parsley and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Place arugula on a large serving platter and top with tuna salad.