Salmon has a reputation for being a super healthy seafood pick—and that's for good reason. It's a stellar source of omega-3s fatty acids, which is a healthy fat that helps boost heart and brain health. Sick of your usual salmon recipe, though? London-based chef Joanne Cooke created this Italian-inspired recipe for easy baked salmon with honey, orange, breadcrumbs, and pistachio topping. She suggests pairing serving with quinoa or couscous for a full meal.
Healthy Italian Honey Salmon
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 lb salmon
Salt and pepper to taste
2-3 tablespoons honey
1/3 cups unsalted pistachio nuts, shelled and chopped
Handful of bread crumbs
1 bunch parsley, chopped roughly
Olive oil to drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper.
- Spread the honey over the surface of the salmon and coat with breadcrumbs, patting them down so they stick to the honey.
- Spread the pistachio nuts on top of the breadcrumbs, then sprinkle the parsley and orange zest over the salmon.
- Lightly drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the fillet.
Interested in more recipe videos? There are thousands of fitness, yoga, meditation, and healthy cooking classes waiting for you on Grokker.com, the one-stop shop online resource for health and wellness. Plus, Shape readers get 40% off Grokker Premium (just $9 per month) and their first 14 days free.Click here to redeem and check 'em out today!