Spring is in the air... can you smell it? Whip up this delicious and healthy frittata for your next brunch (don't forget the healthy mimosas) and welcome in the warm weather.
Healthy Spinach Frittata
2 tablespoons ghee, butter, or coconut oil
1 large garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
4 medium red fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 cup thinly sliced scallion, red onion, or leek
6 organic eggs, beaten
1/4 cup whole dairy milk or fresh almond milk
1/2 teaspoon Celtic Sea salt
1/2 cup packed spinach leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C).
- Use a small to medium heat-proof skillet (preferably ceramic or cast iron). Heat the ghee over medium heat until melted. Add the garlic and mustard seeds.
- Once the mustard seeds begin to pop, add the potatoes, basil, and rosemary. Cook for 5 minutes, allowing the potatoes to brown on one side.
- Toss in the scallions and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, milk and salt. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet and let the eggs settle around the potato mixture for a few seconds.
- Stir in the spinach.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the top is golden.
- Turn off the heat. Let the frittata cool only briefly before slicing and serving.
Interested in more at-home workout video classes? There are thousands of fitness, yoga, meditation, and healthy cooking classes waiting for you on Grokker.com, the one-stop shop online resource for health and wellness. Plus Shape readers get an exclusive discount—over 40 percent off! Check 'em out today!