- Skill Level: Beginner
- Serves: 4
- Start to Finish: less than 30 minutes
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 17 minutes
- 667mg Sodium
- 51g Carbs
- 9g Fiber
- 8g Fat
- 2g Saturated Fat
- 5g Sugars
- 13g Protein
- 167mg Calcium
- 3mg Iron
No mere side dish, this potato salad is hearty enough to make a meal.
- 1 pound small new potatoes, quartered
- 1 large egg
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces (about 1 cup) green beans, cut
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 ounce Parmesan, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
1. In a 1 1/2-quart saucepan, place potatoes, egg, and enough cold water to cover both by 1 inch. Cover pan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered about 8 minutes until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine lemon zest (reserve some for garnish), lemon juice, yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper to make dressing.
3. Add green beans to simmering water and cook 30 seconds. Drain potatoes, egg, and green beans in a colander. Carefully crack cooked egg and place in a bowl of cold water for 1 minute, then peel and set aside. Add hot potatoes, green beans, chickpeas, and tomatoes to dressing and toss gently to coat.
4. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled. When ready to serve, chop egg. Top salad with egg, Parmesan, chives, and additional lemon zest, if desired.