If you've ever had back pain, you know it's the worst. You can't move without it aching, and almost any chore ends up feeling like a workout. Thankfully, there are some easy ways to get back pain relief— many of which take almost no time at all!
5 Easy Ways to Get Relief from Back Pain
1. Massage. If you're wondering how to relieve back pain, one of the easiest ways is to book a massage for back pain. A recent study from the Group Health Research Institute found that Swedish massage may be better for easing low-back pain in the short term than medication.
2. Yoga. Turns out that back pain relief may just be a down dog away. According to a 2005 study from the Annals of Internal Medicine, yoga may be more likely to relieve chronic back pain and reduce the need for pain medication than conventional exercise or reading a self-care book.
3. Tai Chi. Many times people suffer from low-back pain because they have a weak core. Mind-body activities like Tai Chi can help relieve back pain because they improve balance and core strength.
4. Vitamin D. A lack of vitamin D has been linked to musculoskeletal pain. While not specific to low-back pain, a University of Minnesota study found that those with chronic pain were more likely to have a vitamin D deficiency. If you're looking for how to relieve back pain, consider asking your doctor about adding a vitamin D supplement to your diet.
5. Epsom salt bath. If a massage doesn't fit into your budget, then a warm Epsom salt bath is the next best thing. Take a warm bath with a pound of Epsom salt a week for quick relief.