5 Easy Ways to Beat Back Pain
If you've ever had back pain, you know it's the worst. You can't move without it aching, and almost any chore ends up feeling like a workout. Thankfully, there are some easy ways to get back pain relief— many of which take almost no time at all!
5 Easy Ways to Get Relief from Back Pain
1. Massage. If you're wondering how to relieve back pain, one of the easiest ways is to book a massage for back pain. A recent study from the Group Health Research Institute found that Swedish massage may be better for easing low-back pain in the short term than medication.
2. Yoga. Turns out that back pain relief may just be a down dog away. According to a 2005 study from the Annals of Internal Medicine, yoga may be more likely to relieve chronic back pain and reduce the need for pain medication than conventional exercise or reading a self-care book.
3. Tai Chi. Many times people suffer from low-back pain because they have a weak core. Mind-body activities like Tai Chi can help relieve back pain because they improve balance and core strength.
4. Vitamin D. A lack of vitamin D has been linked to musculoskeletal pain. While not specific to low-back pain, a University of Minnesota study found that those with chronic pain were more likely to have a vitamin D deficiency. If you're looking for how to relieve back pain, consider asking your doctor about adding a vitamin D supplement to your diet.
5. Epsom salt bath. If a massage doesn't fit into your budget, then a warm Epsom salt bath is the next best thing. Take a warm bath with a pound of Epsom salt a week for quick relief.