Movies have the power to make us laugh, cry, feel joy, jump out of our seats and even inspire us to be more and do more. Because we can all use a little extra inspiration now and again, we rounded up a list of the top five inspiring movie quotes. Whether you need a few words of encouragement to ask for that raise, live your dreams or simply get to the gym for that 5 p.m. kickboxing class, these inspiring movie quotes can help!
5 Inspiring Movie Quotes
1. "Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'." Said by Tim Robbins as Andy Dufresne in The Shawshank Redemption, this movie quote reminds you to see the glass of life as half full — not half empty.
2. "You get what you settle for." Stuck in a bad relationship? Can't seem to lose those last 10 pounds? Let this inspiring movie quote from Thelma and Louise motivate you to stand up for what you deserve in your life.
3. "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion." You just have to love Dolly Parton as Truvy in Steel Magnolias! This inspiring movie quote is a cue to keep laughing, even when things are tough!
4. "You got a dream...you gotta protect it. People can't do somethin' themselves, they wanna tell you you can't do it. If you want somethin', go get it. Period." If you ever need a pick-me-up movie, The Pursuit of Happyness is a must-see! In this inspiring movie quote, Christopher Gardner who is played by Will Smith, gives you a pep talk worth rereading over and over again.
5. "You are what you love not what loves you." From the movie Adaptation, this inspiring movie quote is a reminder that life is about doing what we love and not just about acceptance from others.
Jennipher Walters is the CEO and co-founder of the healthy living websites FitBottomedGirls.com and FitBottomedMamas.com. A certified personal trainer, lifestyle and weight management coach and group exercise instructor, she also holds an MA in health journalism and regularly writes about all things fitness and wellness for various online publications.