If you're trying to lose weight, you probably want to avoid the state fair. As if corn dogs and funnel cakes aren't bad enough, chefs these days are creating high-calorie concoctions like deep-fried Kool-Aid that will make you scream more than the scariest ride at the state fair. Don't believe us? Check out the five deep-fried dishes below — they are truly some of the worst foods for you in America!
The 5 Worst Foods for You at the State Fair
1. Deep-Fried Kool-Aid. We're not exactly sure how you even go about deep-frying Kool-Aid, but a chef at the San Diego State Fair figured it out, and it's all the deep-fried rage.
2. Deep-Fried Candy. Whether it's Oreos, Girl Scout Cookies or full chocolate bars, deep-fried candy is a caloric bomb of fat and sugar.
3. Deep-Fried Ribs. As if ribs weren't unhealthy enough, they are now deep-fried. Scary!
4. Deep-Fried Twinkies. These have been around for awhile but they still shock us. Twinkies have a pretty bad nutritional profile to begin with, but dunk them in fat and fry them and they're really one of the worst foods for you.
5. Fried and Chocolate-Covered Bacon. If you thought deep-fried Kool-Aid was bad, try chocolate-covered bacon dipped in batter. We can't even understand how that even tastes good!