Since only the top of your head is covered, a newsboy is perfect to show off a real or faux bob, as the hat will draw eyes to the bottom of this short cut. John D explains how to create a faux bob that looks real.
1. Curl 1- to 2-inch sections of hair with a medium-barrel curling iron.
2. Use a rat-tail comb to create a horseshoe-shaped part that goes from one corner of the hairline (just above the arch of the eyebrow) to the next. Clip this hair up.
3. Take the rest of your hair and back-brush just enough to get the hair to “come together.” Lightly smooth any unruly frizz and spritz with hairspray to hold it.
4. Beginning at the nape of the neck, roll up sections of hair, wrapping them around two fingers to tuck under and create a faux bob. Pin into place with bobby pins and continue rolling hair up and pinning on the sides, aiming to keep the length even.
5. Once all hair is pinned, unclip the top section of hair and fine-tune the final style. (The shorter layers of your hair can hang over the bobbed length or they can be tucked and pinned as well.)
Looks best on: heart faces