has been rocking the ballerina bun from NY to Paris and everywhere in between. Perfectly polished or messy, this ‘do is always in style and a chic way to keep all your hair off your face and neck.
How to get the look:
1. Pull hair back into a smooth ponytail using a brush or a fine-tooth comb.
2. Place your ponytail in the position you want your bun to be, (high, middle, low, or side). Ponytails work best on “second day hair,” but if your hair is clean and fresh start by applying a small amount of Free Your Mane Restorative Hair Oil to smooth and add brilliant shine.
3. If your goal is a perfect ballerina bun, purchase a bun maker to use as a form, or make one yourself by cutting the foot out of a clean sock and rolling it on itself into a donut.
4. Pull your ponytail through the hole. Then secure your bun and any loose hair with bobby or hairpins. Make sure your pins match your hair color for a seamless finish.
5. Once bun is set apply conditioning pomade to your edges or flyaways for extra hold.
If you want something whimsical, you can twist your own ponytail around itself and tuck the ends under the bun. It usually takes four pins spaced equally to keep the bun in place. Wear a headband to change your look and add that extra “wow” factor.
Instructions by: Dede Ford, Free Your Mane's Brand Hairstylist