Loose waves that look like you didn’t try ‘too hard’ a la Christina Perri
are always a light but right summer look.
How to get the look:
1. Apply two tennis ball size amounts of mouse to damp hair from root to ends if you have medium thick to fine hair. Osis Grip mousse is a great one because it doesn’t get sticky or hard like some mousses.
2. After applying mouse to damp hair, dry using a paddle or vent brush to remove most of the moisture.
3. Next, divide hair into 4 or 5 sections and use a large round brush to finish drying each section. You don’t have to get it completely smooth or straight.
4. Using a large curling iron (1” or 1 1/2” barrel), take large sections of hair and curl the sections away from your face on both sides and around to the back. Be sure to get the ends smooth with a little bend but not too curly. You want to keep the style feeling loose.
5. Once you have finished, run the curling brush through the entire style to soften the curls. The goal is to have soft waves, not ringlet curls.
6. Add a little shine and smooth flyaways using a shine cream (We love Leonor Greyl Eclat Naturel cream). Use sparingly! You don’t want to weigh your hair down with too much product.
7. Next, take a deep side parting over the high point of your eyebrow, smooth hair over to one side, and pin into place, allowing the rest of the hair to fall over, hiding the pin.
8. Finish using a light hair spray like Osis Elastic flexible spray.
Instructions by: Tyler Colton, Celebrity Hairstylist to Hilary Swank, Charlize Theron, and Ashton Kutcher