Rock these styles while you sweat, then transition them for your post-workout look with just a few quick tweaks
As busy ladies trying to fit sweat, work, and play into jam-packed schedules, finding ways to ease the transition between activities is key, whether it's with sweat-proof makeup or fashionable gym bags that can take you from spin class to the streets. When it comes to our hair, though, we're often left struggling with how to morph our workout 'dos into a halfway decent post-gym look (unless using an entire bottle of dry shampoo counts!). So, we tapped hairstylist Donna Tripodi of Eva Scrivo salon for some double duty workout hairstyles that—with minimal product and skill!—can take you from your workout class through the rest of your day with ease.
Pigtail Rope Braids
Works for all hair types and lengths
1. Split hair in half from either center or side part to the center of the neck.
2. On each side, start a two-strand twist braid at hairline and work down to the ends.
3. Tie off both ends with small elastic band and secure 2 to 3 terry cloth hair ties on each braid for maximum support.
Post-workout: Unwrap and show off this beautiful wavy style!
Top Braid/Braided Top Knot
Best for long hair
1. Pull hair into a high ponytail and secure with a small elastic band.
2. Start a three-strand braid from the base of the elastic until the end of the hair and secure with a small elastic band.
3. Twist a 3" x 20" piece of cotton fabric and wrap it around your forehead (like a sweatband), then tuck the end of the braid into the fabric at the base of the neck.
Post-workout: Remove sweat band and wrap braid into a bun. Spray flyaways.
Best for midlength curly hair
1. Split hair in half from either center or side part to the center of the neck. Secure both sides in pigtails.
2. Twist each side and create a bun. Secure the bun with 4 bobby pins, one on each corner. Repeat on the other side.
Post-workout: Remove the ponytail buns, and you're good to go.