Use these dramatic eye makeup tips by Shape - perfect for a night out on the town.
Beauty tips # 1: Shine on
Add shimmery metallic tones to your eyes. Try using beige shadow just beneath the brow, add depth to the crease with purple and line the top and bottom with a pewter or gunmetal tone. Blend for a sexy, finished look.
Beauty tips # 2: Get smokin'
For that sultry, "come hither" look:
- Start with a base applied to your entire lid to prevent shadow from creasing.
- Then, define your upper lash lines with an eye pencil, working from the outer edges in and blending with a cotton swab.
- Sweep on shadow, using a brush to apply a medium color all over; dust a darker shade onto your creases.
- Highlight the area just under your brows with the lightest shade.
- Redefine your upper lash lines with pencil (don't blend this time) for an extra dose of deep, dark color.
- Curl lashes and then layer on two coats of mascara in rapid succession to complete the effect.
Beauty tips # 3: Get big eyes
To make eyes appear larger, apply eyeliner using a darker shade near the top lashes and a lighter shade (in the same color family) on the lower lash line. Don't line eyes all the way around with the same color.
Beauty tips # 4: Add sparkle
We all crave the bright-eyed look. Fake it fast with a sumptuous set of dramatic lashes. Thanks to revolutionary new mascaras, no falsies are required - although they can pump up the volume on those special nights out. Just sweep two coats of mascara onto lashes, making sure to comb lashes between applications.