He's the man behind the demise of "The Rachel." That's right; Jennifer Aniston reportedly brought him onto her hit show Friends to rid her of the hairstyle she'd become so famous for. After tackling that, Richard Marin tamed the tresses of Hollywood's elite, including Mariah Carey, Cindy Crawford, and Jodie Foster. But, another one of his a-list clients, Denise Richards, is also known for her amazing head of hair. We asked Marin to show us three iconic looks he created for the actress and tell us how we can achieve them at home.
You can use your keyboard to see the next slide ( ← previous, → next)
"I created this style for a red carpet premiere event," Marin says. "It's a classic 1940's look, but it has more movement." Marin achieved this look using hot rollers like Remington's T-Studio Pearl Ceramic Heated Clip Setters
, for a style that lasts all night!
How to get the look:
- Begin with the slightest mist of water onto dry hair to help ensure a long lasting curl.
- Section hair into two parts: one from the back of your ear, across your head to the back of your other ear (use a comb to make the part), and whatever is left is the other section. Ponytail it to control your set.
- Take a 2x2-inch section of your front hair and place the roller in. Repeat this until you have a "headband" of rollers from ear to ear.
- Next, release the ponytail and set your larger rollers on the ends of the hair.
- After rollers have cooled off to room temp, remove them and apply hairspray to the entire head.
- Let it dry, then brush hair out repeatedly. Marin says brushing the hair until it is smooth is what gives it the polish!