You can use your keyboard to see the next slide ( ← previous, → next)
Got sweaty strands? Use them to your advantage! “Working out creates texture without having to wield a curling iron,” says Abergel. Here, he breaks down how to recreate the low-do our cover star wore to last year’s Vanity Fair Oscar party:
1. Blot strands with a towel or blow dry hair with your hands to absorb moisture. Then mist a dry shampoo onto roots to soak up any excess oil. He likes Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk ($18; drugstore.com).
2. Then work a dab of glossing cream—like Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Cream ($25; ulta.com)—throughout hair for texture and definition.
3. Next, braid three to four small sections in various places. “They should be tight enough that you don’t need to tie them off with elastics,” he says.
4. Using your fingers, gather hair into a loose ponytail just above the nape of your neck and secure with an elastic band.
5. Twist the tail into a chignon and anchor into place with pins. Abergel’s favorites: Gloria Haarpfeil Hair Pins ($2.50; naimies.com)
6. Pull out a few pieces in the front for a soft, romantic finish. Want extra credit? Take this look up a notch on the sparkle scale by slipping on an elegant accessory, like the Eddera Roma Headband ($160; eddera.com). Game, set, match!
The tennis star's mane man serves up 6 simple steps to get her sexy waves. Plus, see bonus styling tips for making post-workout hair worthy of a big night out!