Bright lipstick for spring? Groundbreaking. To switch it up, we bring you the bright bold lip's cooler, hipper friend: ombré lips. "This effect creates a seamless fuller lip illusion without over-drawing," says makeup artist Shay Garcia. Read: The trend will make your lips will look effortlessly bigger. And who can turn down the fun 'pop' of color? (P.S. Here are 10 Lipsticks That Stay On All Day—without fading or touch-ups.)
Here's how to get the full look in under five minutes:
1. Apply concealer under eyes and wherever else needed.
2. Shade in the hollows of cheek bones to create a contour. Use a highlight shade under the eyes to set concealer.
3. Apply mascara to lashes from root to tip.
4. Using a water-resistant lip liner, line lips around and in the corners to create depth. (Garcia used Smashbox Cosmetics Always Sharp Lip Liner in FIGGY, $21; ulta.com)
5. Using a matching shade of satin-finish lipstick, fill in lips and blend into the lip line to create an ombré effect. (Garcia used Smashbox Cosmetics Be Legendary Lipstick in Fig, $21; sephora.com)