1. The classic trench A basic belted one is versatile and comes in a variety of fabric and color options. To avoid looking like a secret agent: Choose a well-tailored option that hits right at (or below) the knee for a polished look.
2. A sexy bikini The most flattering two-piece is one that's not too skimpy; pick a halter or bandeau top with a hipster bottom for just enough coverage. Or play up curves in a one-piece suit with a high-rise cut to make legs look longer.
3. A stylish pair of flats Give your feet a well-deserved break; try a knockout color like red. Heels aren't the only way to fancy up your feet. From preppy-casual to peep-toe sexy, you'll love the way flats look with jeans, dresses and trousers.
4. The sophisticated white shirt Think of a white button-up blouse as your upper body's version of black pants -- it's versatile enough to wear anywhere, with almost anything. Pair it over a bikini for a weekend getaway or with your favorite pants for work.
5. A cashmere sweater Invest in a classic style in a statement-making, vibrant color to brighten up your wardrobe. The fabric is luxurious and the look is versatile -- you can wear it to the office, for an evening on the town or just chilling out at home.
6. A sexy camisole For a hint of sexiness and sophistication, wear this essential underpinning with a jacket or a cardigan. With several flattering styles from silky to lacy, it looks super-stylish on its own too.
7. A slimming A-line skirt From midthigh to knee-skimming or longer, a skirt with just enough volume to move with you is always feminine and fun.
8. Fabulous-fitting jeans Whether faded or tailored, the right pair of jeans will make you feel super-sexy every minute you wear them (see "Found! The Best Jeans for Your Body").
9. Jewelry you love Simple but striking, jewelry can give everyday basics new life. Finish off any look, for example, with a pair of simple gold hoops, or opt for a large, chunky necklace (and skip the earrings altogether); either of these will instantly add glamour.
10. A chic sun hat Not only will it keep aging ultraviolet rays from your face and hair -- but with more and more designs to choose from these days, it's an easy way to show off your personal style too.
11. An all-around tote A clunky bag does nothing for a suit or dress. Instead pick a roomy, sleek, well-structured leather tote. You'll look put-together, and it will keep your papers, cell phone, datebook, makeup and more in place.
12. A multifunction watch Wearing a timepiece is no longer just about helping you stick to a schedule. With the advancement of technology, today's tech-savvy designs tell you the outdoor temperature, the date, the direction you're heading in and so much more.
Stylish Exercise Gear
13. A stay-dry tee With the evolution of breathable, sweat-wicking fabrics, this closet staple keeps skin dry so you're cooler during workouts (who likes -- or needs -- a soaked tee?). Look for those with antimicrobial fabrics too, which can help prevent sweaty, post-workout aroma. And always opt for bright colors (other than white) to help boost your mood, confidence -- and your desire to work out. Our tip: Have plenty on hand for frequent workouts.
14. The gym-to-street shoe Don't underestimate the power of cool-looking and comfortable sneakers. A flexible yet supportive fit with a cushioned sole, and a ventilated outsole, keeps feet comfortable and fashionable throughout the entire day -- no matter whether you're on an afternoon power walk or heading about town for your daily or weekly errands.
15. An all-around parka A streamlined "soft-shell" jacket is lightweight and breathable but protects you from wind, snow and rain. Wear it to yoga class, for an outdoor jog or just running around on weekends. In the winter, if you add layers of fleece underneath it for core warmth, you won't need to bother with a huge, bulky overcoat.
16. A supportive bra You need at least five of these (or one for every day of the week that you work out). Replace them every year -- otherwise stretched-out fabric won't give you the support and figure flattery you need for a smooth, jiggle-free silhouette. Pick fun colors if you don't plan to wear a T-shirt over it.
17. Comfy lounge pants Who doesn't love coming home to a pair? In fabrics like terry cloth, cotton or velour, you can pull them on for yoga or wear them to the grocery store (with a pair of comfy shoes) without feeling sweatpants-sloppy.
18. Music to go Mix up your workouts with a take-everywhere MP3 player. Carry it to the gym, the track or wherever you normally go to work up a sweat -- to play your most inspiring tunes. It's sure to motivate you to run, jump and boogie to your best body. Click here to get Shape's playlists.
19. A signature scarf It's a piece that can add instant style impact to a suit or a crisp white shirt. Pick one in a bold color or vivid pattern; tie it onto your neck or purse handle, or twist it and wear it as a simple, but vibrant, belt.
20. The confidence- building suit From boardroom to bistro, an up-to-date, well-fitting suit flatters your shape. And it offers endless style options: Wear blazer and pants with a blouse for that impress-everyone meeting; pair the pants with a crisp white shirt and cashmere sweater for everyday; or add a camisole to the suit (along with a sexy pair of heels) for that evening event.
21. A sophisticated belt A well-crafted leather belt looks polished and completes your look. Pair it over a long blouse, with a suit or to dress up a basic tank.
22. Face-flattering shades The easiest way to class up any outfit -- for work or weekend -- is with a super-classy (and UV- protective) pair of sunglasses. A general rule of thumb when shopping for the perfect pair: Rounded frames soften a square jaw line, square frames slim cheeks and rectangular frames add width and dimension to your face.
23. A clutch Accessorize your evening wardrobe with a sleek, compact bag that's just big enough to hold your keys, cash and cell phone.
24. Strappy high heels Whether you buy them in satin or leather (silver, gold or black are always wearable choices), a pair of dressy-looking heels can be worn year-round to the office -- as well as out on the town.
25. The basic black dress Dazzle in a classic black cocktail dress with a sexy neckline. The look is simply stunning -- now and for years to come.