Who doesn't love an excuse to ditch the office for a day? But working solo 9 to 5 can really make you crave your cubicle
As much as we love coming to the office every day (hey, we get to write about food and fitness for a living!), some mornings, we just don't want to leave our cozy homes. After all, most people can get as much done on their personal laptops as they can in their cubicle. Science even proves it: a recent study published in the Harvard Business Review found that the performance of at home-workers increased by 13 percent over nine months compared to employees who stayed in the office. But working from home can also be a lonely, isolating experience, which is probably why office lifestyle isn't going anywhere soon. Still, on the off chance your company lets you WFH every once in awhile, you've probably experienced this rollarcoaster of emotions.
1. Woohoo, I don't have to go to work today! I feel like a little kid again.
2. Maybe I should sleep in a little extra, after all, there’s no commuting.
3. …And I don’t even have to wear pants for this!
4. I want to high-five myself because I’m so impressed about the amount of work I can actually get done from bed.
5. Starting to realize how uncomfortable working on a laptop in bed is after four straight hours…time to move to the couch.
6. So focused.
7. Until I realize I’m sitting across from the TV.
8. Which I think plays re-runs of my fave tv show ALL DAY LONG.
9. There goes my productivity.
10. The only exercise I've gotten all day is walking to and from my fridge. Does chewing count as exercise?
11. Putting my volume on max without headphones is the best.
12. There’s nothing better than getting to snuggle puppies (or cats!) while you work!
13. At the gym in the middle of the day! Who are all these people here right now? Don’t they have jobs?
14. I love being by myself.
15. I hate being by myself. Please let the offices be open tomorrow.
Images via Giphy.