On running: "I hate running! I feel like my bones are shaking and my entire body is being pounded with every stride. I swear that even my teeth hurt when I run, like they are being jarred out of my mouth... That said, I am a firm believer in cardiovascular exercise. And for that reason, I incorporate it into my training on a regular basis."
What she does instead: A lot! Here's a typical week in Dana's workout:
1. Rollerblading (6 miles while pushing her 3-year-old son in a jogging stroller) or a 10-mile bike ride (pulling her son in a trailer) two or three times a week
2. 20-minute total-body blast strength routine once a week. "I teach this as a class weekly and participate myself."
3. 20-minute butt routine once a week (also a class she teaches)
4. 15-minute killer core routine (functional training movements to engage the total core—no traditional crunches) twice a week
5. 60- to 75-minute Radius Yoga Conditioning sequence twice a week
– Dana Santas, certified yoga trainer, specializing in work with professional athletes in the NHL, MLB, NFL, and NBA