Whether you're at home or at the office, make the most of your spare time with these quick workout tips
Even if you don't have tons of time to dedicate to a long workout, short rounds of exercise can add up over the course of a day. Here are five hacks for sneaking in extra exercise at home and the office.
1. Don't (just) wait. In line for the bus or waiting to pick up your lunch? Don't let that time go to waste! I've seen people make big moves with arm circles, but for a little more subtlety, tone up your legs with calf raises.
2. Always go for the stairs. Instead of mindlessly hopping on the escalator or elevator, take the stairs whenever possible. It might seem small, but climbing stairs helps get your heart rate up and burns major calories—you might not realize that just three minutes burns over 200!
3. Bathroom break yoga. Whenever you've stepped away from your desk for a quick trip to the restroom, move through a few yoga poses before sitting back down. Find a safe spot to try a few of these energizing yoga poses that make the most sense for your work attire.
4. Take a commercial break. The next time you're unwinding by the TV, make a boring commercial break much more productive by incorporating exercise. This quick bodyweight workout is timed perfectly, so you won't miss one bit of your favorite show.
5. Sweat before the shower. Right before you get cleaned up is the perfect time to sneak in a short sweat session. Let these effective 10-minute workouts lead the way so you make the most of your precious time.