You are here

This French Fitness Blogger Died After a Whipped Cream Dispenser Exploded Into Her Chest

French fitness blogger Rebecca Burger died earlier this week after falling victim to a freak accident with a whipped cream dispenser (similar one shown below). The 33-year-old's family took to Facebook and Instagram on Tuesday to share the unfortunate news and called it a "domestic accident." They also posted a warning on social media about defective dispensers and explained that one had "exploded and struck Rebecca's chest, causing her death." Burger passed away after going into cardiac arrest, in spite of receiving medical attention, according to BBC.

Unfortunately, Burger isn't the only one to have suffered because of a defective dispenser. Several people have reported injuries since 2010, ranging from broken teeth to fractures, according to 60 Millions, a French consumer magazine. BBC reports that at one point, the French government office for consumers issued a warning saying that incidents with these dispensers could occur at any time, even after years of use. (Related: Cuisinart Recalled 8 Million Food Processors Due to This Huge Safety Concern)

Whipped cream dispensers are always under high pressure and work by injecting gas into a metal container. Several dispensers distributed in France since 2010 have had faulty connectors on the gas capsules, which has caused them to break and take off at high speeds, according to 60 Millions. But so far only one manufacturer has issued a recall, BBC says.

With 170,000 followers on Instagram, Burger was a popular social media influencer and well-known in France. She also traveled around the world and competed in fitness and beauty competitions. Naturally, her fans have been flooding her page with heartfelt messages mourning her loss. "Rebecca was a real model for a lot of people and a real source of inspiration," wrote one fan. Others offered their condolences to the family and wished that she rest in peace.

Comments

Add a comment