Many of us were shocked with yesterday's news that Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger were separating. While obviously having a love life in Hollywood and in politics is under more scrutiny than most normal relationships (just look at the numbers of divorce and break-ups — Ay, caramba!). We rounded up some of the best relationship tips to give you some advice on how to keep your relationship — in or outside of Hollywood and Washington — healthy and happy!
5 Healthy Relationship Tips
1. Get face-to-face time. Texting and email can be fun, but when it comes to really communicating, make sure that you and your spouse get at least an hour or so of quality face time a day.
2. Stay in the present. Don't spend time worrying about what might be in a relationship. If you're happy now and are truly getting what you want and need out of the relationship, then enjoy it!
3. Workout together. Couples who work out together regularly can build team-working skills, improve communication and bond more tightly through their shared experience. Not to mention that it'll both make you healthier!
4. Stop the food fight. Many couples argue about what to eat or when to eat — which may seem minor but can actually greatly affect larger issues of control, health, wellbeing and energy. Follow these tips to fix the five most-common food fights.
5. Keep things spicy. Nix the TV and set the stage for intimacy by making getting frisky a priority. Not only can sex help you bond, it also boosts immunity, beats stress and burns calories!
While no one but Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarzenegger know exactly what went wrong in their relationship, these tips are vital to having a strong healthy relationship!
Jennipher Walters is the CEO and co-founder of the healthy living websites FitBottomedGirls.com and FitBottomedMamas.com. A certified personal trainer, lifestyle and weight management coach and group exercise instructor, she also holds an MA in health journalism and regularly writes about all things fitness and wellness for various online publications.