PHOTO: Darren Tieste
by Kristen Aldridge
As one of the world’s most well-known, talented and admired professional ballroom dancers, not only does Kym Johnson rock it on the dance floor, but she also has one rock-hard body .
If you’ve caught any of the past nine seasons of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars (I admit, I’m a total DWTS addict), you’ve most likely noticed the Aussie starlet’s incredibly toned, strong, amazing body  in her super-sexy costumes.
Johnson was inspired to become a professional dancer from watching old MGM musicals with the likes of Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers and Cyd Charisse. “I have been dancing since I was three and I can’t imagine my life without dance,” says Johnson. “I feel so happy when I’m dancing, and I am so lucky to have a career doing something I love so much.”
With three mirror ball trophies under her belt, her love and passion for dance is clearly emulated with every cha-cha-cha, waltz and quickstep forward. It’s easy to see why America falls in love time and time again with the gorgeous dancer; one hot-step onto the DWTS dance floor and you just can’t take your eyes off her.
Dancing is a great total body  workout because “you burn so many calories and tone your entire body without realizing you are working out because you’re having too much fun,” says Johnson.
Aside from dancing her way to a rockin’ body, what else does Johnson do to stay in such phenomenal shape? Here are some fun fitness facts you may or may not know about the charismatic dancing star.
1. She likes to exercise outside. “I love playing tennis even though I am not very good,” she says. “I like to do Runyon Canyon with friends and hiking  with my dog too.”
2. The Australian stunner recently discovered Barry’s Bootcamp. “I try to get there twice a week, and I also do Pilates,” Kym says.
3. When Johnson is traveling, she takes her Thera-Bands and works out in the hotel. “The Dancing with the Stars Workout DVD is a great workout too!” says Johnson.
4. Johnson tries to eat pretty healthy but she does have a sweet tooth and loves dessert here and there. “I think portion control  is the key as well as exercise,” she says. “I do notice a difference in my body if I cut out carbs after 5 p.m.”
5. She loves going out to nice dinners. “I do love going out to nice dinners but that can be tricky sometimes if you’re watching what you eat,” the beautiful ballroom dancer says. “As long as you are getting some kind of a workout  in each week, I really think you can afford a little treat sometimes.”
6. Jane Fonda inspires Johnson to stay fit. “She is still making Fitness DVDs and looks incredible. I used to do her workouts with my mum in the lounge room all the time when I was little,” says Johnson. “I even went as Jane Fonda  to a Halloween Party once and made people get on the floor and give me scissors. I guess you can say she is my hero!"
About Kristen Aldridge
Kristen Aldridge lends her pop culture expertise to Yahoo! as host of “omg! NOW ”. Receiving millions of hits per day, the hugely popular daily entertainment news program is one of the most-watched on the web. As a seasoned entertainment journalist, pop culture expert, fashion addict and lover of all things creative, she is founder of positivelycelebrity.com  and recently launched her own celeb-inspired fashion line and smartphone app. Connect with Kristen to talk all things celebrity via Twitter  and Facebook  , or visit her official website at www.kristenaldridge.com .