- 2 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 4 thick slices ciabatta or peasant loaf
- Preheat the broiler. Coarsely chop the tomatoes and garlic. Place in food processor along with the artichoke hearts, parsley, walnuts, lemon juice and zest, 1/4 cup of olive oil, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Pulse until combined but still chunky.
- Place the slices of bread on a cookie sheet and broil until golden on both sides.
- Lightly brush the slices with the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Spread the tomato-artichoke mixture on top and serve.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 316 kcal cal., 23 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 590 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 8 g pro., 132 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet