Sesame Steak Salad
A quick, simple and delicious take on a steak salad from The Beach House.
For marinade and steak:
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces flank steak
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chile flakes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 3/4 cup diced papaya
- 1/4 cup julienned radicchio
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots
- 2 tablespoons daikon sprouts
- 2 tablespoons julienned red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, sugar, ginger, sesame oil, cilantro, garlic, green onion, and pepper. Put mixture and steak in a zip top plastic bag; refrigerate 45 minutes, turning once or twice.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, heat water and sugar on the stove until reaches a simmer. Remove from heat and whisk in lime juice, oyster sauce, lemon juice, chile flakes, and garlic. Whisk in oil; set aside.
- Preheat grill or grill pan. Grill steak for 2 minutes per side for medium rare.
- In a large bowl, combine spinach, papaya, radicchio, carrots, daikon sprouts, red pepper, peanuts, mint, and cilantro. Toss with dressing. Place 2 1/2 cups of salad mixture onto four plates. Slice steak thinly on the diagonal and divide the slices evenly between each salad.
Per serving: 324 kcal cal., 19 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 444 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 28 g pro., 108 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet