- 1 pound flank steak
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tomato salsa
- Marinate flank steak in garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- Heat a grill or saute pan and sear steak about 3 minutes on each side, or until browned. Then lower heat, cover pan, and continue to cook 5 minutes more for medium doneness.
- Slice the steak against the grain into -inch-thick strips.
- Serve with salsa on the side.
- Nutritional information includes 1/4 cup of salsa per serving and 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 491 kcal cal., 30 g fat (9 g sat. fat), 801 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 49 g pro., 82 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet