Tomatoes with Walnut Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 large pot water
- 1/2 tablespoon raw sugar
- 8 large tomatoes, scored crosswise
- 2 bunches fresh basil, cleaned and stemmed
- 2 carrots, finely shredded
- 2 onions, diced
- Add lemon juice to the pot of water and bring to a boil. Add sugar, pepper, and salt.
- Dip tomatoes briefly in the boiling water and slip off the skins.
- Slice and arrange on 4 serving plates.
- Sprinkle basil over tomato slices. Place carrots and onions evenly over the tomato slices.
- Combine dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 113 kcal cal., 1 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 333 mg sodium, 6 g fiber, 15 g sugar, 5 g pro., 82 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet