- 1 package unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup plus 2/3 cup carrot juice
- 2 cups cubed fresh mango
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the carrot juice and set aside to soften.
- In a blender, pulse the mango for 5 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the blender and puree fruit until almost smooth. Add the remaining 2/3 cup carrot juice, sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract; pulse to combine. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Place the saucepan with the gelatin over medium-low heat and stir constantly until the gelatin granules are dissolved and no longer visible, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Whisk the gelatin into the mango mixture, stirring until well combined.
- Pour the mousse into four 1/2-cup ramekins and chill in the refrigerator until set, about 3 hours. To serve, top each mousse with a small dollop of sour cream, if desired, or garnish with chopped or sliced mango.
Per serving: 164 kcal cal., 2 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 44 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 24 g sugar, 8 g pro., 46 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet