- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium, nonfat chicken broth, divided
- 1 stalk fresh lemongrass or 2 teaspoons dried lemon grass
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/3 cup light, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup packed sugar snap peas, ends trimmed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4-inch round, whole-grain rolls, tops sliced off and centers hollowed out
- Set wok over medium-high heat. Once hot, add 1 tablespoon of the chicken broth and swirl to coat pan. Add lemon grass and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add chicken and stir-fry for 3 minutes, until golden brown on all sides. Add curry powder and toss to coat. Add remaining chicken broth, coconut milk, and snap peas and simmer for 3 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and liquid reduces slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper and spoon mixture into the center of rolls. Serve hot.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving, but does not include whole-grain rolls.
Per serving: 155 kcal cal., 4 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 2 g carb., 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 25 g pro., 23 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet