Banana French Toast
- 2 egg whites (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Splenda
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 slices light whole wheat bread
- 4 tablespoons reduced-calorie maple syrup (optional)
- Place egg whites, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, Splenda, and banana in a blender and combine for 1 minute, until smooth. Pour mixture into a shallow bowl.
- Place the bread slices into the skillet. Cook until golden brown, turning once, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Top with 2 tbsp. of reduced calorie maple syrup and serve immediately.
- Nutritional information does not include optional reduced-calorie maple syrup.
Per serving: 173 kcal cal., 1 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 36 g carb., 7 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 9 g pro., 106 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet