- 6 pounds lemons (about 16 lemons)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 1 cup bourbon
- Cut the lemons in half and dip the cut half in sugar. Set aside on a tray to be grilled.
- Combine water, sugar and honey in a saucepan or disposable aluminum tray. Add a couple sprigs of rosemary (optional but delicious) to the saucepan
- Heat up a grill to medium-high heat. For additional rosemary flavor, throw a handful of rosemary sprigs on the hot coals just prior to grilling. Grill the lemons cut-side down until nice grill marks appear (about 5-7 minutes). Remove the lemons and set aside to cool.
- While grilling the lemons, place the saucepan with honey syrup on the grill. Heat the syrup until sugar and honey are fully dissolved and the desired amount of rosemary flavor has been infused into the syrup. When lemons are cool, squeeze the juice into a pitcher. Since they've been grilled, they should be easy to squeeze by hand. Add syrup and water to taste, bourbon, and ice. Stir well and serve.
Per serving: 206 kcal cal., 0 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 2 mg sodium, 0 g fiber, 32 g sugar, 0 g pro., 8 mg calcium, 0 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet