Parmesan-Crusted Trout with Red Pepper Orzo
Fish gets a cheesy flavor boost in this recipe.
- 6 ounces uncooked orzo (about 3/4 cup dry)
- 1 7 ounce jar water-packed, roasted red peppers, minced, liquid reserved
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 4 ounces trout fillets (skin on one side)
- Olive oil cooking spray
- In a pot of rapidly boiling water, cook orzo until tender, 9 to 11 minutes. Drain and toss with the minced red peppers and reserved liquid. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan. Add fillets and turn to coat both sides.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with olive oil spray and set it over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, cook fillets, skin side up, for 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Serve with orzo.
- Leave the skin on to add flavor and keep the fillets from falling apart.
- Nutritional information includes 1/4 teaspoon of added salt.
Per serving: 380 kcal cal., 9 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 40 g carb., 3 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 31 g pro., 101 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet